Double cleansing refers to the method Korean Women use to clear their skin.
First, you need to wash your face using an oil-based cleanser then a water-based cleanser. This technique is very efficient and that’s why it’s so popular amongst Korean women who are very serious when it comes to skincare.
Some years back, we believed that we only needed to wash our face with soap and water and that's all. But then we were introduced to a more advanced routine that changed our bedtime routine forever. Now we clean our faces twice leaving no chance behind for anything. After a full day of work, you will need more than the usual soap and water combination to get rid of all the gunk and grime.
This technique originated from Korea and Japan but it has spread its roots to Europe and America. The most popular way to double cleanse is by washing your face first with an oil-based cleanser, or cleansing balm depending on what’s suitable for your skin. Let us look at the double process in fine details.
First step cleansing
Just like the name suggests, this is the first cleansing done on the skin. It is done by using an oil-based balm or cleansing oil. This first step is very important at the end of the day because it helps to remover persistent oils on your skin.
Cosmetic products, residue build-up, dirt, and oils make the skin appear dull and sometimes they clog your pores. This can cause enlargement of pores and even the development of acne. The double step cleansing is very important as it eliminates all those build-ups. However, the first step mostly deals with getting rid of the oils hence leaving your pores fresh. Let us look at some of the benefits of first step oil cleansing
The importance of first step cleansing
- Regulates the skin: First step oil cleansing regulates the skin by controlling oil production hence helping to get rid of Acne.
- Gentle: The gentlest way to cleanse your skin is by the use of oil cleansing technique
- Effective makeup remover: It dissolves even the most stubborn makeup. Oil cleanser is very effective when it comes to removing albeit on the skin. Besides it also provides the needed nourishment to your lashes.
- Deep cleanse: the first cleansing is usually deep and it removes the bacteria, impurities, and dead skin. The oil works by binding with the dirt and then lifting it away.
- One night cleanse is enough: You don't have to cleanse your face again in the morning after a night oil cleanse. Although you can splash your face with water and allow the natural oils to sit on the skin.
- Healthy glow: All dirt and impurities are steamed away by the hot cleanse method hence leaving your skin with a fresh and healthy glow.
- Anti-aging: Cleansers that contain plant-based oil prevents premature aging thanks to the antioxidants that fight free radicals.
- Best for all skins types: It doesn't matter what type of skin you have, oil cleansing works fine in all of them.
Second step cleansing
The second step in double cleansing involves the use of a light cleanser. There are so many things that you can use at this stage depending on the type of your skin. For example; gel, foaming cleanser, micellar water, or cream cleanser.
The importance of the second step cleansing
- Clarifying pores: The second step cleansing is very important as it clears all the dirt, grime, and the remaining oils from the pores. This helps to eliminate or prevent acne and other skin conditions caused by bacteria.
- Brightening the complexion: If you want to have the brightening complexion then do not ignore the second step cleansing. It makes your skin glow like a newborn baby.
- Rejuvenating the skin: Second step cleansing is also very important when it comes to rejuvenating the skin. This is because it washes away all the remaining dirt, oils, and also the dead skin.
- Absorbs oils, serums, and moistures: This stage also absorbs the remaining oils serums and moistures hence it helps in maintaining smooth and healthier skin.
- Reduces soreness, redness, and inflammation. All the sebum is washed away in the second step cleansing leaving your pores unclogged.
How to double cleanse
Double cleansing is very important especially at night when you want to remove sunscreen and makeup. These are the steps
- Apply cleansing oil or balm on dry hands. Then apply it while massaging your skin in gentle circular motions. Also, do it around the eyes for about 45 seconds. There is no need of using a different makeup remover for your eyes if you are using a fragrance-free cleansing oil. (Fragrance cleansing oil is not safe for your eyes so if you must use it don't apply it around the eyes)
- Use lukewarm water to rinse the cleanser or use a soft and wet washcloth to do the job.
- Use a small amount of your usual face cleanser to massage your damp skin.
- Lastly, use lukewarm water to remove the cleanser from your face and then pat it with a clean dry towel
- You are all set for your next skincare routine
Double cleansing is very important especially after a long day of work piling dirt, sweat, and oils on your skin. It is also a very effective way to remove makeup without leaving any traces. Besides, it helps to maintain great skin health by preventing acne and pimples from cropping up. You should practice doing it every night even if you didn't put makeup on as it makes your skin glow, prevents premature aging, and also prevents avoidable skin diseases. Try our Korean Double cleansing products that are affordable and high quality.